Learn to Cook at Sea
What can one do when out on a cruise holiday?
Well, now one can learn to cook from none other than the thirteen former chef’testants of Bravo’s Emmy® Award-winning series “Top Chef”. One gets to be up close and personal with these chef-testants including Kristen Kish, Angelo Sosa, Tiffany Derry and Nina Compton to spice up cruises beginning July 2014 on a rotational basis.
Foodies and fans get the rare opportunity to vacation with your favorite ”Top Chef” alums and experience their dishes, including complimentary cooking demonstrations, interactive Quickfire Challenges and other activities. For a more exclusive experience, guests can choose to enjoy private cooking classes and events hosted by the chef’testants.There will be four cruises in total with three to four chefs onboard each cruise. The first cruise is scheduled to depart on July 27 and the last will be on November 15.
Details are as follows:
Sailing Date: July 27
Cruise Ship: Celebrity Summit
Destination: Bermuda island
Duration: Seven nights
• Spike Mendelsohn: Top Chef Chicago and Top Chef All-Stars contestant; Co-owner and Chef at Béarnaise, We, The Pizza and Good Stuff Eatery in Washington, D.C.
• Ash Fulk: Top Chef Las Vegas contestant; Chef de Cuisine at Hill Country Barbecue Market in Brooklyn
• Angelo Sosa: Top Chef D.C. and Top Chef All-Stars contestant; Chef and Owner of Añejo in NYC and Poppy Den in Las Vegas
Sailing Date: August 15
Cruise Ship: Celebrity Solstice
Type of Cruise: luxurious outdoor adventure
Duration: Seven nights
• Paul Qui: Top Chef Texas winner; Chef/Owner of Qui and East Side King in Austin
• Tiffani Faison: Top Chef Season 1 runner-up and Top Chef All-Stars contestant;
Chef/Owner of Sweet Cheeks Q in Boston
• Brooke Williamson: Top Chef Seattle runner-up; Co-Executive Chef and Co-Owner of Hudson House, The Tripel and Playa Provisions in California
• Nina Compton: Top Chef New Orleans runner-up and Fan Favorite winner; Chef de Cuisine for Scarpetta Miami at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach hotel
Sailing Date: September 19
Cruise Ship: Celebrity Infinity
Type of Cruise: France & Iberian Discovery Cruise
Duration: 12 nights onboard
• Chris Crary: Top Chef Texas contestant and Fan Favorite winner
• Kristen Kish: Top Chef Seattle winner
*Additional chef to be added
Sailing Date: November 15
Cruise Ship: Celebrity Reflection
Type of Cruise: Escape in Paradise
• Hosea Rosenberg: Top Chef Season 5 winner; Owner of Blackbelly Market (opening summer ’14), Blackbelly Catering & Events and Blackbelly Farm
• Casey Thompson: Top Chef Season 3 and Top Chef All-Stars contestant; Chef of Aveline and The European in San Francisco
• Tiffany Derry: Top Chef D.C. and Top Chef All-Stars contestant; Owner of TD Concepts
• Shirley Chung: Top Chef New Orleans contestant; Chef/Owner of Chung Lee Consulting
In addition to the four exclusive cruises featuring “Top Chef” chef’testants, Quickfire Challenges and “Top Chef”-inspired menu evenings will be available onboard all Celebrity Cruises ships, with the exception of Celebrity Xpedition, for all sailings departing July 2014 – June 2015.
Bravo’s “Top Chef” will return for a twelfth season in Fall 2014. “Top Chef” is produced by Magical Elves with Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz serving as executive producers.
Book today to secure yourself a place. For more details about “Top Chef at Sea,” visit www.celebritycruises.com/topche